Context: The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws (CBCL) at National Law Institute University, Bhopal is pleased to announce a call for papers for the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Critical Issues in International Commercial Arbitration, 2012.
Theme: Critical Issues in International Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitration Agreements: Elements and Requisites
- Procedures and Consideration in the Appointment of Arbitrators
- Procedures adopted by Arbitral Tribunals and Grounds for Challenge
- Arbitration Proceedings: Commencement and Termination
- The Propriety of Interim Measures by Courts in International Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitral Awards: Finality and Grounds for Setting Aside
- Enforcement and Recognition of International Arbitral Awards in India
- International Arbitration Tribunals in India: Future Opportunities and Challenges
Date and Venue: 3rd-4th March, 2012 at National Law Institute University, Bhopal
About the seminar: The seminar aims to foster an understanding and appreciation for the various opportunities and challenges raised by International Commercial Arbitration in India. It has been designed to cover important and current issues in the field, and to encourage discussion and scholarship in emerging areas. In order to meet these objectives, eminent personalities in the field have been invited to interact with students and the University will publish a Special Issue dedicated to International Commercial Arbitration containing the best entries.
Chief Patron of the Seminar:
Hon’ble Justice Sushil Harkaul
Madhya Pradesh High Court (Acting)
Dr. S.S. Singh,
National Law Institute University, Bhopal
Prof. (Dr.) S. Surya Prakash
Professor of Law
(Dispute Settlement Process)
National Law Institute University
Guidelines for the Submission:
Following guidelines have to be adhered to with regard to the submissions:
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the sub theme on which the abstract is based.
- Word Limit: 3500 words (including references).
- Citation Style: Bluebook (19th Edition).
- For detailed Submission Guidelines, please visit www.cbclnliu.in
- Participation in the seminar is open to all Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Law and Management students, faculties and academicians enrolled in any institution in India.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
Awards and Publication:
- Select entries will be published in a Special Issue on International Commercial Arbitration by CBCL and in the forthcoming issue of the Indian Law Review, published by The National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
- Three best entries will receive Certificates of Merit and select resources on Arbitration Law.
- All selected entries will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Abstract Submission 5th Jan 2012
- Notification of Acceptance: 15th January 2012
- Paper Submission: 19th February 2012
For any further details regarding the seminar, please contact Albin George Thomas (Convener, CBCL, NLIU Bhopal) at +91 989-335-4883 and Nikita Nehriya ( Editor, CBCL, NLIU Bhopal) at +91 999-377-6839 . Alternatively, all queries and clarifications can also be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(This article is published on the request of Convener, Centre for Business and Commercial Laws, National Law Institute University, Bhopal purely for the purpose of disseminating information regarding the Seminar. Mightylaws or any of its team member has no direct involvement with the same )